Since the last meeting, we decided many things about our project.
During the last weeks, we created the arborescence : we split the core from the graphical user interface (gui).
We now have a main application that gather all the modules . The viewer and the nodes are connected : when we click on a node, the picture associated is seen in the viewer. The Param Editor should be connected soon.
We discuss about five main subjects during the last meeting :
- The data structure : we have to organize our code in differents layers :
– The ButtleApp in python : it’s here that we define all our classes.
– The Buttle Wrapper in python and PySide : it enables to wrap the nodes and to communicate with the interface.
– The QManager : it enables to handle the elements created dynamically in QML
– The QItem
- In order to connect the different layers, we decided to make a system of update : the ButtleWrapper observe the QItem. When an item changes in the interface, it notifies the ButtleWrapper which upadtes itself.
- Resizable application : currently, if you resize the main window, some contents are hidden. So the aim is now to make everything resizable in order to have a usable application.
- Undo/Redo : we created the base of the undo-redo but we now need to create all the commands to undo and redo all our functions.
- Connections : in the graph, the nodes are now functionnal. We have to make the connections between them.
The aim is to connect Buttle to Tuttle when we come back in January. We have a lot to do but we are motivated ! Moreover, Fabien sent us some mails today with technics that simplify our code ! (For example, the QManager is not used anymore for the nodes).